Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Decemberists : The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid


I ran across another new Decemberist song today. It is a radio rip, but a pretty good one. I don't know much about the radio station that it came from, but I can follow the song back to Ghost Grind (new friends from Harlem) who assumable got it from, Tsururadio... and that is where it ends. So props to them form posting the latest Decemberists song.

I find this song reminds me a lot of The Island from Crane Wife. It starts with minstrel opening and moves into a steady jam mid song. Goes back to the minstrel jam and ends with the response of the female vocalist. I am not sure who the female vocal is, anyone with the information would be appreciated.

The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid (radio rip)

1 comment:

Ghost said...

I'm assuming the original rip is from a british radio station (though that's just my guess based off of the gentleman's accent at the beginning of the track). The female voice is either Becky Stark (from the band lavender diamond) or Shara Worden (from my brightest diamond, who's voice is featured on a few sufjan stevens tracks). Cheers to you new blog friend! I've linked you up!