Sunday, February 22, 2009

Introducing: Stg Dunbar and the Hobo Banned

I wonder if 30 years from now a great deal of people will look back on this era of music and talk about the many bands that were inspired in some way by Neutral Milk Hotel. The great thing is that no on is afraid to admit it... I mean there are indeed a large number of groups inspired by Fall Out Boy, but for some reason no one wants to list them on their influences category on their myspace page.

So to be honest with you, had I come across Stg Dunbar and the Hobo Banned and the speakers of my computer were broken, I would probably still be writing about them simple because they list as their influences: Neutral Milk Hotel, The Microphones (Mt Eerie). Peak your interest... yeah me too.

Then you listen to them and realize there is something great happening up in Albany New York. Their Neutral Milk Hotel meets Tom Wait fusion is a beautiful Folk Indie fusion. It will satisfy the most scrupulous skeptic or Jeff Mangum followers.

Give them a listen...

Move Your Memories, Part II
MP3

Watch them...

Sgt Dunbar and the Hobo Banned - Goin' Nowhere HD from All Over Albany on Vimeo.

No comments: