Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Hold Steady - Best Band in the US?

We all know by know, Pitchfork is the end all be all of indie music, so when they make a declaration about great music, you listen. Today they confirmed what I have always expected: "...the Hold Steady, the single best band in these United States..." (see the article here). Of course, I am being sarcastic here, but The Hold Steady are one of the best touring acts around. If you haven't yet, take this chance to check them out NOW!
In other news, Rachel Ray is set to throw another epic bash at SXSW. No, I'm not joking, she has great taste in music. The Hold Steady are expected to play her party this year, among others.

1 comment:

Travis Butterfield said...

Ha! I like the sarcasm. I personally don't put much stock into Pitchfork's reviews. They're way too snobby for me. I prefer to get my reviews from metacritic.com. They combine a bunch of reviews from different sources (including Pitchfork) and give an average score. I like that idea.