Friday, January 02, 2009

The Death of Cutie slash Ben Gibbard and Zooey Deschanel are getting married?


Um... now I am not one to try to tell people who to fall in love with, or how that should happen, or really any sort of time table associated with it. BUT I couldn't help but laugh at this news: Stereogum. Could there have been any more of a cliche' couple out there in the indie** music scene? (**and can we even consider either of these two indie, Capital Records and Merge Records?) Scarlett Johansson and Colin Meloy anyone?

Now I really shouldn’t bag on these two… I have loved Death Cab for Cutie for years and have always been a big fan of Zooey on film; I just think it is so curious that Zooey does an album with M. Ward, but ends up getting married to one of the more prolific indie rockers in this century, Ben Gibbard.

Hey, maybe once Joaquin Phoenix makes the indie music seen, he and Fiest can hook up?

No comments: