Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Decemberist - The Hazards of Love : Album Cover


No real surprise here, being that the art for the single, The Rake's Song, is so similar... (does that look like to many comma's?) At any rate, here is the album cover for The Hazards of Love. I learned a few more things about the album that was wasn't aware of... "My Brightest Diamond's Shara Worden and Lavender Diamond's Becky Stark, as well as a few people who don't have the word "diamond" in their band names: My Morning Jacket's Jim James, the Spinanes' Rebecca Gates, and Robyn Hitchcock" helped out with the album. (via Pitchfork) So thanks pitchfork... although I will disagree with you about The Crane Wife's album cover, I thought it was beautiful. But then I'm not a satirical sarcastic blog... who feels like he has to write about things I don't want to.

I do applaud The Decemberists for taking a different look then the album with the same name by, Anne Briggs.

No comments: