Friday, August 22, 2008

Current Obsessions...

These are some songs I'm having a hard time not listening too ALL THE TIME! Most of these albums are great too, particularly Midlake, Kings of Leon, Death Cab for Cutie and The Mumlers... most of the others I've mentioned a time or two before so I'll try not to beat a dead horse.

Midlake - Roscoe
"Whenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like Roscoe, been born in 1891."

The New Amsterdams - Turn Out the Lights
"I know that it burns like poison in the pill. Sing me to sleep, echoes in the hills. You can't hear a word, You can't hear my broken will."

Kings of Leon - Kings of the Rodeo
"Me and your cold, Driving in the snow, let the good times roll, let the good times roll. Cowgirl king of the rodeo, let the good times roll, let the good times roll."

MGMT - Kids
"The memories fade like looking through a fogged mirror. Decision to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn’t hurt a lot. I guess not."

Death Cab for Cutie - Bixby Canyon Bridge
"And then it started getting dark and I trudged back to where the car was parked. No closer to any kind of truth as I must assume was the case with you."

Al Green - Have you been making out OK
"have you been making out ok"

Dr. Dog - The Breeze
"Are there dark parts to your mind? Hidden secrets left behind? Where no one ever goes but everybody knows. It's all right!"

Jukebox the Ghost - Good Day/Hold It In
"I think that I would like to invite everyone I’ve known, dead and alive, to a street where we can be totally free.And they will come in droves, wearing their hearts on their sleeves, but oh, how good it felt to have them worn just like they should."
"Life is 'Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!'"

Mates of States - These Days (Jackson Browne)
"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them"

The Mumlers - Whale Song
"but I can never stay forever, Angel and I don't say this to try to make you cry, but there are somethings your just can't change and a whale on a beach must die."

American Teen (soundtrack)
"This years Juno"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So when are you going to come over and give me some new music to listen to. That can be your excuse to come and visit!