Monday, September 15, 2008

Phoenix Concerts 9/15 - 9/22

I have decided to change the format of this weekly post. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons: One, there is a great website ran by Stinkweeds called Silverplatter that give the most comprehensive list of concerts in the Phoenix area. Most of the shows that I post are on there. Second, I'd really like to focus my weekly concert post on shows that are not promoted on a large scale bases. Bands who are in the DIY scene, touring under the blanket of "Help Book" and local bands that are showing promise. Lastly, I'd like to spend more time reviewing and introducing more new music.

Silverplatter list almost every show in the valley, so there can be a lot of crap mingled in there with the good stuff... so I will do my best to filter some of the best shows.
_______________________________________________________

Foot Ox / Splinter Cake / Whitman @ Trunk Space (Tue Sept 16th @ 8p / $5)
You're never sure who will play at these shows, but this is who is listed.

Dr. Dog / Delta Spirit @ Club Congress (Tue Sept 16 Tucson d @ 8p / adv $10.00, $12.00 @ d)
Hacienda

Harlequin Babies / No Movement @ The Manor (Wed Sept 17th @ 8p / Free)
The Manor can be hard to find, so here is the address: 832 S. Maple Ave, Tempe AZ 85281

No comments: