Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Release of the week: The So So Glos - Tourism / Terrorism


The So So Glos - Tourism / Terrorism

This album offers no forgiveness for the supposed lost state of America, at least in the vision of the punk world. I try not to insert politics into my blog... and I'm not going to start now.

In the realm of the punk world The So So Glos are some where in the middle, between The Virgins (Bowery Punk) and Titus Andronicus (Jersey Punk), both of which have put out sensational albums this year. However, when talking about punk people usally don't use words like sensational. They use words like; stuff, kick ass and raw. Why is that? I mean, it hasn't always been that way... early nineties straight edgers were known for their intellectual music and lyrics. I suppose most people think of anarchists as ignorant? Which honestly, is not the case. As proof, I offer you The So So Glos from Brooklyn New York, their feverish style of crafting witty/intellectual music demands quick minds and progressive thinking.

No comments: