Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak


Before I'm written off as a "hater" let me preface this review by saying I love Kanye West. His last three albums have made my top 10 albums of the year.

Dear Kanye,
What happened? Did your millionaire lifestyle make you sad? The countless women? What is it? I'd be more than happy to talk this thing out with you. You can get it all out so you can go on making great rap albums.
Listen, I know your mom died. I'm sorry. That had to be rough on you. I know you two were close. Make her proud by releasing a real album, not this!
I love the concept, all 808 beats, but I could do without the heartbreak. The title is fun right? 808s & Heartbreak. I like it! Really! But the album doesn't do anything good with it, or at least very little.
That's not to say the album is all bad. I like Love Lockdown. There are a few other decent tracks too. Bad News is pretty good.
Please Kanye, PLEASE prove you haven't lost it.

Jeffrey

No comments: