Monday, August 04, 2008

Phoenix Concerts 8/4 - 8/11

I'm going to try to make a list of concerts for the coming week either Sunday or Monday morning every week. I'll try to give you a little more of a heads up for shows you will need to get tickets to, but for now this should be good.

In Chronological order:

Titus Andronicus - The Modified (Tues, Aug 5th, ?$, doors @ 7p)
This really has potential to be a great show! They'll be supported by:
Uggamugga, Hooves, Somersault

Best Friends Forever - The Trunk Space (Wed, Aug 6th, ?$, doors @ 7p)
They'll be supported by a couple of worthy acts: The Doctor Bird, Uggamugga, Defenders of the Galaxy

Andrew Jackson Jihad - The Trunk Space (Thurs, Aug 7th, ?$, doors @ 7p)
I'm not sure how AJJ got slated with the groups they are with, but here is the rancid list: Babies (Flagstaff), Bossk, Neighborhood Stars. AJJ will be somewhere in the middle of that mess.

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers - Marguee (Fri & Sat, Aug 8th & 9th, 25$ adv, doors 630p) I hesitated in posting this show... mostly because there is nothing new here, I love the Peacemakers and their performance tenacity, but it has been a long time since they were on the cutting edge of the indie music scene. But I think they are fine with that. However, weather your an Arizona native or a transplant, it is a requirement to see Roger and the boys at least once.

Joshua James - Rhythm Room (Sun, Aug 10th, 8$ adv 10$ d, doors @ 730p)
These lovely lads will be there with Josh: Cory Chisel, Vine Land
Don't miss Josh if you don't have too, he is a fantastic musician and person.

The Octopus Project - Rhythm Room (Mon, Aug 11th, 10$)
I'm going to venture to say that this will be one best shows of the summer. Last November TOP was here and I missed the show for some silly reason like I was getting back together with an ex girl friend that would only break up with me again 2 weeks later, not that, but something like that. Anyway, the show was voted best show of the year at The Modified.
Accompanying them at the show will be Diagonals. YEAH for the Austin TX Scene

There you go! I'll be at most of these shows this week in case anyone is looking for someone to go with. I'll be posting about Ra Ra Riots forth coming album today!

No comments: