Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Appleseed Cast - Sagarmatha (2009)

The Appleseed Cast never cease to amaze me with surprises each time they release an album. Once known as the "that emo band," The Appleseed Cast has matured as they experiment with different styles of music. I can't think of a specific category to place this band on my music scale anymore. To take a hazardous shot, post-rock and chillout music is as far as I can go on my musical tag (I don't want to get yelled at by fans).


The Appleseed Cast - Sagarmatha (2009)
Released: February 17, 2009
Vagrant Records

Whatever Sagarmatha means, I think this is one of their strongest albums to date. As I take it to bus/train rides to school, I cannot help but feel that the experience of this album gives room for humility, hope, warmth, and light as you observe the little things in life. Not to mention, that track 4 invokes the ghost of familiar things that I can relate to for living in Arizona. Excellent album with a breath of sweet summer air to it. A+.


The Summer Before

1 comment:

Travis Butterfield said...

I love this album. I just got it a few weeks ago. I didn't know you liked these guys. I love the Appleseed Cast! Wahoo!