Friday, December 19, 2008

Best Concerts of 2008


I've mentioned it a couple of people and it may be evident on my top 25 list, that I have taken a turn in my music taste to a more organic side of music. Natural sounds and songs. I say this becuase it might be in a large part associated to the live concerts I go to and the shows I find enjoyable. The list of shows I have been to over the last year is daunting even for a music man like myself. Categorizing them is even more daunting, so being in the list mood I have decided to make a list of the top 10. And it goes as follows:

Top 10 Concerts 2008

10. Frightened Rabbits (Rhythm Room)
9. Black Keys (Marquee)
8. Tokyo Police Club (The Clubhouse)
7. Born Ruffians / Plants and Animals (Modified Art)
6. Nodzzz (The Manor)
5. Dr. Dog / Delta Spirit - (Club Congress)
4. Fionn Regan - Ireland
3. The Avett Brothers - (Rhythm Room)
2. The Octopus Project (Rhythm Room)
1. Mount Eerie / Stephen Steinbrink (Modified Art)

Honorable Mentions:
Best Fwends (The Trunk Space)
Best Friends Forever (The Trunk Space)
Okkervil River (The Clubhouse)
Ra Ra Riot (Modified Art)
Titus Andronicus (Modified Art)
Alas Alak Alaska (The Trunk Space)


Top Three Acts @ Street Scene
The National
Man Man
Cold War Kids

Three Worst Acts @ Street Scene
Cat Power
Beck
Chester French

No comments: