Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Hold Steady - Heaven is Whenever

I know all the other even semi-hip music blogs have covered this, and better than I will, but I still think it's important to share. The Hold Steady have a new album due out May 4th called "Heaven is Whenever" In the press release, it is stated that "Piano and keys take a backseat to guitar on the new record" and we're left to wonder why, because it couldn't have anything to do with the departure of the fantastically-mustached piano man Franz Nicolay. There are no dates in Arizona in support of the album yet, but be assured they'll be here, and when they are, be prepared, this is not a band to be missed. Track list below, along with a live video of title track "Heaven is Whenever" (Which may have a different name now, as it's not on the track list).

1 The Sweet Part of the City
2 Soft in the Center
3 The Weekenders
4 The Smidge
5 Rock Problems
6 We Can Get Together
7 Hurricane J
8 Barely Breathing
9 Our Whole Lives
10 A Slight Discomfort

1 comment:

HiQKid (Alex) said...

My guess is "Heaven is Whenever" now has the song title of "We Can Get Together", based on the lyrics of that song...

It's me and my girlfriend's song, oddly enough, so I'm thrilled the album's named after it!