Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Zombie Escape: Live from New York

65daydofstatic is clever. They use words like post-rock (try: Explosions in the Sky), electronic (try: Ratatat), and New York (try: Aa) to switch on the power of a super magnet for hipster appeal. Which cool post-rock slash electronic band is from New York these days? Take a guess. Ah, close, but everything cool these days is from Iceland (try: Sigur Ros) or Baltimore (try: Animal Collective). And everything cool these days is trying to live up to coolness meter of Animal Collective hipsterfully brought to you by Pitchfork Media.


65daysofstatic
Live from New York
Due out: April 20, 2009
Monotreme

If you are looking for delicious post-rock or electronic music, stop reading. Live from New York is not one of them. But if you, like me, enjoy the versatility of flavors in music, I invite you to continue. If I were 65daysofstatic I would be honest and name the album something else (read: title of this post).

Live from New York is chaotic, messy, and is like a zombie outbreak in New York City. It sounds like cars crashing into walls, an army of digital locusts attacking a cornfield, robots gone crazy, and a hail of bullets dropping on your gasoline coated skin. After listening to this album at one in the morning, I feel like taking a bath with Explosions in the Sky playing in the background. And I did.








A Failsafe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love this.I'm in a trance now.